||Home / Facilities.
Facilities at the Birkenfeld Veterinary Hospital
The hospital is easy to find. It is located at 6 Kilometers distance from the highway between Kaiserslautern and Trier and about half way between Frankfurt and Luxembourg.
The hospital is well equipped including
- on-site 3D color helical CT (computerized tomography),
- direct digital radiography,
- speckle reduced ultrasound,
- video endoscopy,
- `camera chip-in-the-tip` flexible endoscopy,
- video otoscopy,
- pulse oximetry, capnography,
- infusion and syringe pumps,
- complete on-site diagnostic laboratory (including blood gas and coagulation analysis),
- blood pressure units,
- oxygen cage,
- 12-lead EKG,
- comprehensive surgical facilities,
- touch screen vital signs monitors,
- dedicated VETERA computer system.
Several W-LAN access points in the hospital provide wireless access to the internet for veterinary use and clients alike.